Geiser-Weaver is offering one fine art badge this season. For both badges we do all five requirements to earn the badge. We do not provide the actual badge, it is your responsibility to purchase badges for your troop. All materials to finish the badges is provided. All badge workshops require a $30.00 deposit which is due one month prior to the workshop and remainder of fee is due two weeks prior to lesson, no changes in the number of participants can be made after that point. If workshop reservation is made with less than a month notice, then entire amount is due immediately upon receipt of your lesson confirmation e-mail. This is a nonrefundable deposit and is applied to your final fee. There is a six girl minimum for a workshop and if you should not meet this minimum you are required to pay the difference to reach the minimum cost. Payment can be made by troop check or debt/credit card. Check tab called: "Scout Lesson Availability Calendar" for dates that I have open for lessons for both afternoon or evening.
Due to fluctuating gas prices, any lesson outside the city limits of South Lyon will be assessed a gas fee based on a round trip:
$3.00 - outside the city limits of South Lyon - 25 miles
$5.00 - 26 - 50 miles
$10.00 - 51 - 80 miles
$15.00 - 81 - up miles
E-mail me for more information or to sign up for lessons.
1) Experiment with different materials - Still Life
2) Learn how to shade - Squiggle drawings
3) Get some perspective - 1 point perspective drawing
4) Use your imagination - cray pas smudge drawing
5) Make your own masterpiece - and show it off - we will be making a portfolio.
Cost: $6.75 per girl
1) Tools of the trade
2) Metal - choose one of the following: 1) memory wire bracelet 2) chain link bracelet (add 50 cents), 3) Alex and Ani type expandable bracelet with handmade charm (add 75 cents)
3) Everyday objects - washer necklace
4) Inspired by another culture - choose one of the following: 1) Kumihimo bracelets 2) essential oil necklaces (add 50 cents)
5) Sparkling gift - upcycle necklace or any of the above items that were not already chosen
Cost: $7.50 - $8.75 per girls
We also offer pottery lessons and if you previously have taken pottery from us, we offer advanced pottery for Juniors. See the Brownie badge tab for basics on what we offer in the way of pottery. Pottery for Juniors can be built around the interest and skill level of the girls. We have a professional potters wheel which we bring to the workshop that is enjoyed by the girls. Ask for suggestions on what the girls can do in this workshop, it can be themed for more general.